Virginia Association of Railway Patrons
Promoting rail service in Virginia and West Virginia
Amtrak rail passenger service operates in Virginia and West Virginia on six routes:
- WashingtonRichmondNewport News, an extension of the Boston-Washington Northeast Corridor
- Washington-Norfolk, an extension of the Boston-Washington Northeast Corridor
- Washington-Richmond to Charlotte or Florida points, including the Auto-Train from its terminal in Lorton, Va.
- The Crescent route (WashingtonAtlantaNew Orleans, with additional service between Lynchburg and the Northeast)
- The Cardinal route (Washington-Charlottesville-Charleston-Huntington to Cincinnati and Chicago)
- The Capitol Limited route Washington-Martinsburg-Pittsburgh-Chicago)
Virginia Railway Express commuter service operates on two lines:
- Washington-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania (part of the Washington-Richmond line)
- Washington-Manassas (part of the Crescent route)
One Maryland Rail Commuter (MARC) line extends into West Virginia:
- Washington-Martinsburg via Brunswick, Md.
Metro rail rapid transit operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority serves Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Washington, DC, as well as Maryland points.
Return to the VARP home page